- “Account” means a User’s Account with this Site.
- “Personal Information” means personal information associated with an identifiable person. “Personal Information” can include name, postal address, telephone number, email address, financial account information, account number, date of birth, and government-issued credentials (e.g., driver’s license number, national ID, passport, and Taxpayer ID). Personal information does not include information that does not identify a specific User.
- “Services”: any website owned or operated by us, any API Tools (as defined below), or mobile applications (the “App(s)”) and all services, features, functionality, and content provided through the Site, API Tools, or App, including (i) any digital asset platforms and tools that allow trading of supported digital assets; and (ii) any hosted digital wallets for storage of digital assets.
- “Site” means this website unlock.academy and our mobile apps, official social media platforms, or other online properties through which we offer the Services.
- “User” means those users who have successfully registered with this Site.
3. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Registration information – When you create an Account or use the Services, we may require you to provide your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address to create an Account.
- Identity Verification information – We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Information as you use the Services which we may use in collaboration with service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity, source of funds, and address, and/or manage risk as required under applicable law. This information may include your date and place of birth, taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, or other personal information.
- Transaction and experience information – When you use the Services, we may collect information about the transaction and other information associated with the transaction, such as the amount placed for a purchase/sale order. This information may include your digital wallet address, Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, details about your browser or device, geo-location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, and other information about how you use the Services. This information would be collected to facilitate the Services we provide.
- Information about you from third-party sources – We may obtain information from third-party sources such as public databases, ID verification partners, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law. Such information may include your name, account number, and/or customer ID with a third party, address, job role, public employment profile, credit history, status on any sanctions lists maintained by public authorities, and other relevant data.
- Other information we collect related to your use of the Services – We may collect additional information, including email address, telephone number, and mail address from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey. Such information will be collected to maintain contact with you and to provide the Services.
4. How Do We Process Personal Information?
We may process your information for the following purposes:
- To operate the Site and provide the Services, including:
- generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- authenticate your access to your Account;
- communicate with you about your Account and your transactions;
- provide a personalized experience and implement the preferences you request; and
- keep your Account information up to date and process transactions.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Site's performance and functionality; ensuring quality control and staff training; developing new products and Services, and enforcing our agreements with third parties;
- To manage risk and verify your identity. We may use Personal Information to enhance security, monitor and verify service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks, prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- To market the Services and the products and the Services of unaffiliated businesses. We may also Process your Personal Information to uniquely tailor the marketing content, advertisements, offers, and certain Services or Site experiences to better match your interests on the Site.
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce our terms of service, including all applicable laws and regulations.
- To provide customer support, such as responding to your requests, resolving disputes, and troubleshooting problems.
- Other uses. We may use personal information for any other purpose disclosed when you provide such information or otherwise with your consent.
If you want to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on the Services, you may do so by blocking, disabling, or deleting them as your browser or device permits. However, certain aspects and features of the Services and this Site are only available through Cookies, so if you choose to disable or decline Cookies, the Services may not work correctly.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in specific web browsers. You can use DNT as a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that no formal “Do Not Track” standard has been adopted at this time, and we do not respond to or honor DNT signals.
6. Do We Share Personal Information?
With other members of our corporate family: We may share your Personal Information with other members of our family of entities for various purposes, including but not limited to providing the Services you have requested or authorized; managing risk; helping detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements, and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of the Services, and communications.
With third parties that provide services to us: We may share Personal Information with third-party service providers that perform the Services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with the Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements for the Services, or provide customer support.
With other third parties to protect us or others, We may share information about you with other parties for our business purposes, including:
- to protect the vital interests of a person;
- to protect our property, Services, and legal rights;
- to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users, and fraud involving the Site or use of the Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals;
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
With other parties as permitted or required by law and regulations: We may share information about you with other parties if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process, or regulations; or as required by law enforcement, regulators, government officials, or other third parties about a subpoena, court order, or different legal process or requirement under applicable law or regulation; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; or to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of a user agreement; or to satisfy regulatory requirements as applicable to provide our Services.
With your consent: We also will share your Personal Information and other information with your support or direction, including if you authorize an account connection with a third-party account or platform.
7. Why Do We Retain Personal Information?
8. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We maintain appropriate technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for ensuring and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account registration information, for example, choosing a password of sufficient length and complexity and not revealing account credentials to any third parties, and verifying that the Personal Information we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Information you transmit or receive from us by Internet or wireless connection, including email, phone, or SMS, since we have no way of protecting that information once it leaves and until it reaches us.
- Users can contact us at email@example.com to request their data to be deleted once they cancel their subscription.
9. Can Children Use the Services?
The Site and the Services are not directed to people under 18 (“Minors”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from Minors or other individuals who are not legally able to use the Site and the Services. Suppose we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information from a Minor. In that case, we will promptly delete it unless we are legally obligated to retain such data and take steps to disable that Account.
10. Third-Party Websites and Social Media Platforms
Our Services may include access to publicly accessible blogs, forums, or social media platforms. The personal information you voluntarily transmit or publish online in a publicly accessible blog, forum, or social media platform may be viewed and used by others without restrictions. By using such services, you assume the risk that your personal information may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
12. Contact Us